Gifting twice?

Father's Day is coming up & well I have a question. SO is fine we dont exchange gifts except something our daughter has picked out then we buy something we want ourselves. This year for Mother's Day I got myself rainboots so he will do the same get something he wants/needs.

I get something for the grandfathers (our fathers) too but gosh men are so friggin' difficult. I was thinking we'd just make some goody boxes full of yummy treats bc my daughter loves to bake/cook. The thing is we did that for xmas for everyone. We have learned some new recpies & can try out some new things too plus we got compliments on the stuff we did put in those goody boxes.

Think its a bad idea to do this again? Of course my daughter will also do a hand drawn pic from her too but yeah thats all I got! Maybe accompany the box with a coffee mug or something too but that'll be it. Thoughts? Or go ahead & steal the idea if your stumped too lol

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Holidays

• I think its a great gift. I know people who give the same type gift for every occasion...nothing wrong with that at all.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• That sounds good. We usually do homemade gifts and maybe change it up a bit like say pancake mix in a bottle, or cookie mix in a jar etc etc. With that we add a gift card to their favorite places. In my fil and dads case they both have different tastes. I end up getting fil a $10 gift card to his favorite coffee shop because he gets coffee every morning. With my dad I do a gift card to his fav place to eat since he eats out for lunch every day.

Answer by gemgem at 10:54 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• men love snacks. they'll probably prefer them!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My dad did something like that. We have a pecantree and every year we gave pecans. People fought over them. I would do it again.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 11:01 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I always think of what their hobbies are....my FIL loves to garden, read, and loves anything "gadgety'.
    My father loves gardening, hunting and car shows sooo......there's a whole range of things I could buy them that's cool and doesn't cost a fortune and they would actually like.
    Older people have usually gotten their fair share, and more, of coffee mugs over the years and, to me, it's like raining on their parade,..again. LOL.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 1:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• that sounds fantastic--homemade goodies are always welcome for men!! I may try and get some ideas from my boys but nothing spectacular planned; just use your imagination and do something he enjoys; like maybe free car washes(from the kids) for a month; or a day just to lounge around and do nothing; or go to his favorite place to eat; gardening items; books; golf balls; a round of golf(or his favorite sport); homemade gifts always mean more then bought ones
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2011