Would you be pissed?

Husband told me last week that this past weekend we would get a cell phone for me; well the weekend came and went and still no cell phone and then he has the balls to say well the bills have to be paid first and I have to have gas money and so on and so forth. Am so lividly pissed wanted to smack him upside the head. If it was something he wanted he would have gotten it no matter what.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Oh, some of those details definitely can change an answer. I'd be pissed if he promised something and didnt' follow through.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:09 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No I wouldnt. Actually I have done the same thing time and again with my husband telling him we would get him or me a cell and then just dont. I end up going over all the bills and honestly having a cell phone for us isnt worth it. Everyone around us has one and if someone needs to get a hold of me they can at any time. I am never alone. Now dh maybe could use a cell he is at work and all that, but for me? Nah. I have a landline. I wouldnt put too much into it. Maybe he just looked and saw financially it was not feasable.

Answer by gemgem at 10:59 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Yes, I would be pissed. HE made a promise (and did not put the 'conditions' on when he promised), and he did not follow thru on his promise. To make it worse, he is now changing the terms and saying other things will be done first.... which sounds like exuses for not buying a cell and would make me wonder if he will ever make that a priority and buy it or will other things always come first. I think if he promised a cell phone then he needs to make good and deliver a cell phone as promised and he needs to do it by a specified date.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:02 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i feel your pain. i don't have a cell phone either. I'm usually at home with the kids but i still feel its necessary when i go out with them. Especially during winter when its snowing. He has told me he was going to get me one but never does. Then he goes and upgrades to a new iphone. pissed me off. I kinda do agree that the bills have to be paid first but i also know that if he wanted he would have gotten it also. wow.....are you sure we aren't with the same person lol
    lucyloo1776

Answer by lucyloo1776 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• well it should be mutual so there's no arguements and so forth but i say just right out say "ok so because of life's cycles like bills that wont ever end and gas that needs to be filled, i'll never get one? then why bother to say it?"

make him look like an ass for even saying it or giving you the wishful thinking you might get one. i bet he wont have an answer to that.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I can definitely understand the frustration. Do you know what phone/plan he was planning on getting? Does he even let you look at finances to see how you all are sitting?

I make all the financial decisions in this house. He has to ask me if we have the money for this or that. He prefers it that way.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Going to play devil's advocate here so to speak - he paid the existing bills (most important), made sure he had gas money to get back and forth to work and says he cannot budget you a cell phone currently - that's your husband being RESPONSIBLE with the money. You cannot drive, so you stay at home, if you have a home phone, there is no reason you need a cell phone. Cell phone are a luxury NOT a necessity.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:05 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My Husband has tried this once and I just looked at him and started telling him a list of things we have went and bought him in the past few weeks and what he got for fatherday's (pool table) and then I looked at him and asked what did I get for mother's day (nothing) what did I get for our Annv (nothing) what did I get for V-day (nothing) and now he has been feeling so bad he keeps buying me anything I say I need or want.
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 11:05 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Yes, i would. He sounds kinda selfish!
    shepri

Answer by shepri at 11:09 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• So I get voted down for being responsible? LMAO.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 11:44 AM on Jun. 6, 2011