I just found out I'm pregnant but me and the father are nothing. How do I tell him?

I dont want to be judged but the father is not a part of my life. He hasnt been a part of my life for about 2 months already, and I'm about to be 3 months in a week... We dont talk at all & last time we did it was totally uncomfortable and theres was no connection. How do I tell him his going to be a father?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just call him, tell him the news, tell him what your expectations are and see what he says. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:59 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Just tell him there is no easy way. He's big enough to understand this was a possibility.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't. I'd just have the baby and then once its born file a paternity suit and establish child support payments. Be aware though that once you take that step he will have rights...visitation and other stuff. Good luck.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• – collapse
    I would not bother to tell him. I would have the baby and place it for adoption.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:01 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I think you just call him up and say I need you to come over,, and tell him, then you can decide if he is going to step up to the plate or not.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:02 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Call him and tell him the news, if he's not part of ur life no more so u dont have to be afarid of his recation , but he should know that he's a part of having a Baby . Good luck
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Well since it is his baby too, you really should tell him. I would suggest either talking face to face, or call him and tell him. Then discuss what your options are, and what you both want to do and how you want to handle parenting responsibilities. I would also remind him that he helped create the child, and he needs to help support the child.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:09 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• If you think he will be a good dad, then tell him. If not, I wouldn't tell him. JMO.

Tell him in person, ask him how he feels. Does he want to be in the baby's life or would he rather give up parental rights. He will most likely want a paternity test, which is a good idea regardless. Good luck.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Things like this happen. Find out what you want and be fair to him when it comes to his child. If you want him to be apart of the child's life the right way, do not wait until the child is born and establish parternity and file child support because it will only bring about problems. Tell him from the beginning that you are pregnant and give him the opportunity to step up to the plate. If he chooses not to step up to his responsibilities willingly then go through the courts to get it in writing....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:14 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• You need to tell him not only for child support but he should know that he has a child and your child deserves to have a father in her life. If he doesn't want anything to do with your/his baby then you know you did everything you could. I've never been in this situation but I'm sure its hard! GL!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 6, 2011