Cherry allergy?

My son, who is 11, had an allergic reaction and we think it was to cherries and apples. Does anyone know anything about this?

We will be seeing an allergist once he's done with the medications he was prescribed in the ER.

Any help or advice you ladies have would be very much appreciated.

RedRowan

Asked by RedRowan at 11:23 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Health

• I have 2 food allergies. I am allergic to fresh tomatoes and all strawberry products including fresh and flavored. I just avoid both. It is easier said than done. I have to emphasize no tomatoes on hamburgers at fancier burger joints and have had to send my burger back many times because they've just pulled the tomato off and sent the burger back. I have to check now for tomato juice before I bite.

Good luck with it!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:38 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Thank you. It's hard now because we're in the stage where he can't be tested yet because of his allergy meds, but we don't know for sure what to avoid.
    RedRowan

Comment by RedRowan (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Wow, I would have thought you would have known about that allergy before he turned 11. Food allergies are usually present at birth. Good luck at the allergist.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Allergies can develop at any age
    RedRowan

Comment by RedRowan (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2011