How can I get the sink (garbage disposal)drain to stop smelling?

I tried Drano and Bleach

jano0204

Asked by jano0204 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I just the the hot water run and poor dish soap while its on and i have never had a prob....
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:40 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I like to use my orange peels. If it is really bad I may slice up a lemon (natural cleaner and deodorizer) and run that down the disposal.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 10:40 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Yep I was going to say stick a whole lemon in there. And then turn it on. Be careful!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I wouldnt stick a WHOLE lemon in there..... meaning I would use a whole lemon but I would slice it up and then put it in!! But yes lemon works great!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• the plumber told me to use fabric softner a cap or 2 a week (DOWNY) it worked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Gonna try the softner. I have done the lemon and orange peel. I always slice them before I grind them...cause sometimes they don't chop up.

jano0204

Answer by jano0204 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• whenever we eat oranges i put the rines in there.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• AFter you grind something smelly like onion peels, run some lemon peel or orange peel through the grinder.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 2:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Lemons always work the best for me. What I've always done is put the lemon peels in the disposal, put ice in there and turn it on without running water or anything.
    knitnerd83

Answer by knitnerd83 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• They do make a little liquid filled ball that is meant just for this purpose so you can buy those too.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:38 AM on Dec. 12, 2008