What am I doing wrong.

Me and my husband have been TTC for 4 months now and nothing. I've used a ovulation kit the second and third month and they've shown that I have ovulated each time the week before I got my period, but I never got pregnant. This is the fourth month trying and I am using another ovulation kit and It hasn't even shown that I am ovulating. I am really worring myself thinking what's wrong. I was taking Loestrine 24FE for 5 months this year then stopped it for two months and took it one month and then stopped it again. Could taking the pill on and off be the reason it's taking a while to conceive? Has anyone else experience this?

sara6881

Asked by sara6881 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I've never had to TTC but maybe it's time to have DH checked. Although I'm sure you already did that...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• The fact of the matter is: it can take a while to get pregnant, unfortunatly. I'm sure you are doing everything right [having sex when you ovulate] it's just going to take time. It took me almost a year to conceive. We were both okay, just needed to be at the right time and it happened, when we least expected it. Don't stress about it, and yes I know it's hard not too, but stress alone can make you not get pregnant.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i wouldn't start really worrying about it until after a year. then i would both go see what is wrong. but the pill could throw it off for sure. my SIL tried for like two years before she finally got pregnant
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I know it doesn't feel this way to you, but four months of trying is nothing. A doctor won't even want to see you about fertility problems until you've been trying for at least a year. I never used those ovulation kits. I tracked my cervical mucuous and basal body temperature. You might have better luck nailing down your ovulation date that way. You should be ovulating 12 to 16 days before your period starts.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I read that on average it takes a healthy couple in their 20's six months to concieve. I don't think you have anything to worry about, it's just so hard to be patient...we've been trying for almost 4 months now too!
    Aimee139

Answer by Aimee139 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• If you are ovulating a week before your period then something is wrong. Are you sure it is a true positive? Your luteal phase needs to be at the very least 11 days.(lp is the time after o and before af) To be a true positive the test line needs to be as dark or darker than the control line. And dont stress. Like the pp said, average person with no problems takes average of 6 months to concieve. Most drs wont even think about seeing you until you have been trying for 1 year. I would start charting your basil body temperatures. Use www.fertilityfriend.com they have tons of articles to read and help you predict when you are actually oing. If you have any questions you can pm me. Good luck
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Oh yea, It can also take about a year to get back to normal after birth control.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• If you have a short luteal phase (the time between ovulating and menstruation), supplementing with vitamin b6 can be really helpful! I had luteal phase defect and it really helped me.
    Anonymous