Diaper rash

my daughter has a terrible diaper rash i was using buttpaste but that wasnt helping so i switched her to desitin which is helping until she has a bowel movement then it gets really bad again i have been airing her out some but i just don't know what else to do she trembles whenever you wipe her and just screams while you change her its even open in a few places any adice would be welcome at this point help!

lillymom828

Asked by lillymom828 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hi Mom that sounds terrible with my mom i used A&D ointment faithfully it is the best in my opinion, try it , it really helps, works and sooths at the same time
    MommysAngels744

Answer by MommysAngels744 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My favorite was any ointment with Zinc Oxide. As messy as it sounds - no diaper.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:56 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• after each time baby goes (literally), remove the diaper, clean the area, allow it to dry, then apply vaseline. after that, apply cornstarch, and put the diaper back on.
    the vaseline keeps moisture out of the rash area by preventing it from penetrating into the area affected. The cornstarch is what helps heal it. you can also get a small jar and mix cornstarch and vaseline so you have a more even amount near the area affected.
    do NOT let baby sit in a wet diaper at all. the minute you know she went you have to change her.
    If this doens't show improvement in 48 hours contact her doctor for a prescription ointment.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I always put Aquaphor on my daughters when it got really bad. It's not technically for diaper rash, but it says it's a "skin protectant" and it always works better for her than Desitin or A&D

Answer by missanc at 1:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I used A &D it is pretty thick and stays on after she pee's. Always use an ointment, it works better and you can see the rash.
    ShelbysHope76

Answer by ShelbysHope76 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• The best thing to do for bad diaper rash is to stop using wipes until its completely healed. Just use wet paper towels for now. It really doesnt matter what ointment you use as long as you keep putting it on. This is waht my pedi told me to do and it worked every time.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 6, 2011