She had it deleted!?!

I put my son in a baby contest for our local newspaper, and I used a photo taken at PictureMe Portrait studio, which I didnt know it was illegal to use after you still bought it (which I think is dumb) But anyways, there is another woman who's daughter is in 1st place now, (I went to school with her) My son was 1st, and her daughter was 2nd but she "suggested removal" of my photo. I got an email this morning saying it was deleted because it was against copyright agreement crap. But her photo was taken at the same freakin place. My son got bumped back to zero votes, and shes still going. I know its just a contest, but it pisses me off that she did that. I tried "suggesting removal" of hers but they sent an email back saying if I didnt have proof it was copyright then they couldnt delete it. Well how the hell did she get proof of mine? Unless this is some kind of inside thing, then Im just going to be really pissed. What would you do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• What a hollow victory it will be for her. If you have to have your competition eliminated do you really win?? As a mom you will be faced with this kind of stuff many more times how will you teach your child to handle it...think about it....
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 11:56 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• she might have asked PictureMe Portrait studio for permission to enter the photo
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• sounds like an inside job and she couldn't handle ur child being 1st, jealousy will cause people to do all sorts of things.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Did it actually say that SHE requested removal? Thumbs down to the contest people if they tell you that.

I would just let it go. You tried to request hers removed, but it didn't work out. Nothing else you can do.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:42 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I'm guessing the photographer is in on it.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Did you tell them hers was from the same place?? I would be pissed too. Maybe you should ask her how she knew yours copyrighted?
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i would go hire up and talk tothe big honcho in charge and demand to know how someone got your personal info to find out that the pic was copyrighted(which is dumb)
    lillymom828

Answer by lillymom828 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I would call the newspaper. That's cheating! IMO
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• let it go, there will be other contests
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I think she must take this pretty seriously,, how sad for her daughter that she puts "winning a beauty contest" above hurting someone, I would let it go, and you know in your heart that your baby got the most votes,, she won't be able to delete is grade card when he is older,, LOL,, and just take pride in the fact that being a good mom, is better than any baby contest.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:54 AM on Jun. 6, 2011