TMI i need help!!

My step son has a unhealthy obsession with staring at my boobs and i have no idea how to get him to stop. well not no idea i have just ran out of ideas. Is this just a phase and it will pass or do i need to do something drastic? He is five years old. I'm saying that b/c part of me thinks that it's b/c he's at that experimental phase. But his staring is very obvious but i don't want to traumatize him or make him feel like he's bad. What to do?

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 11:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have teeny tiny boobs and my son was curious about them too, when he was 5. I answered his questions, including "No, you can't poke them" etc . . . 5 is a curious age. Keep answering questions and redirecting. He'll move on to something else before too long.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:12 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Are you wearing really low necklines? If you are maybe cover the cleavage. Other then that i don't know. GL!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• wheew...thats a tough one. my nephew use to smack my butt and it was funny until he didnt stop. All you can really do is get his attention else where. Ask his question or say "whats this doing here?" to make him look where you are pointing. It will fade away. If you can maybe talk to her hubby and ask him to try something?
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 11:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• well it's summer i cant wear a turtleneck and i am pretty well in dowed in that area so there is not much in the way of hiding it.
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• the hubby might work b/c i tried the re-direction thing and it's not working and i even politely tell him to look at my face when i talk to him and i do everything to not put them in his face ever when we are conversing
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Well I didn't mean a turtle neck. Just enough shirt to cover cleavage. I didn't even mean to cover your whole chest. Just a suggestion...
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Well if it helps my 5 year old is curious about boobs, and girl parts,, I wouldn't make an issue of it, just perhaps have his daddy tell him that it is normal to be curious, but inappropriate to stare at ladies bosoms!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• when you catch him staring again, ask him what he's looking at, when he points to your chest ask him what's so fascinating about them.. let HIM tell you why he likes to look at them and then you can work on correcting it pending his answer.

ex. "why are yours so big?" you can explain that different people come in different shapes and sizes. And as a woman, you were giving a larger bust. you could also go on to explain the use of them is for feeding babies.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• thank you xxhazeldovexx that sounds like good advice and brandi i didn't take offense to it i just meant that no matter what i wear they are right there for all to see i have dealt with this situation my whole life this kind of attention is very new to me tho.
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I wear regular t-shirts at home, I am not a cleavage type of girl. My sister had a birthday party & her friend was there with a pretty low scoop neck top & obvious cleavage. I did not even really notice until my 4 year old walked over to her while she was sitting in a chair & said "WOW. you have big boobies!". He was obsessed with her boobs all night! I tried to distract him & make a joke out of it but he wanted to just stare at her all night! It was cute though. Since that day, he never mentioned anyones boobs again. So if it's an issue in your house, I would just save the cleavage for your DH & wear regular T-shirts for around the house maybe.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2011