What baby items would you NEVER purchase used?

I am expecting my first child in Feb and have little in the way of baby/nursery items. I finally found out that I am having a lil girl and am now willing to buy the things that I did not receive at my baby shower.

I can afford new but why spend the money when there are sites like Craigslist out there?

What items would you NEVER buy used?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 10:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• shoot i bought used DR BROWN bottles just got different nipples.

i would never buy a used carseat and trust me my MIL tried to get me too.

You never know if they've been in an accident or something and once your in an accident you can't re use them.

But i think a carseat is the only thing really.. If you buy used bottles just buy new nipples or just sterilze them. It just depends where your at financially
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• bottles, anything to go in or around the face..... breast pumps hats... just things like that
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:48 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Yea, bottles and a car seat, cause the belts stretch and twist etc.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:49 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• bottles.... car seat and thats just me...... I think car seats get really really icky i have 3 kids and having another nxt month and they all had seperate car seats!! ummmm onsies i would buy new and probably crib mattress!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• car seat, nipples, pacifiers, thermometers..those would be the things I would want new for saftey purposes
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i have a really cute bouncy seat that also vibrates for a girl. if you're in need of one i'd be glad to send it to you if you take care of the s+h! just pm if you're interested.
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 10:52 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I see carseats on here... You can buy the car seat used and just buy a new cover. But im having my second baby and it will use my firsts infants carseat... Now for a toddler/booster seat just buy it new.....
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:52 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Bottles, car seats, bibs, anything that goes in the babies mouth or touches their face, cloth diapers if u use those, breast pumps, hats, or cribs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• The reason you never buy a used carseat is NOT because of the cover. It is because you don't know if it has been in an accident. ANY carseat that has been through a car accident should be replaced. You also would not know if it has been recalled.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:56 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• PinkClover, that is really generous and sweet of you. I almost said yes but I don't want you to have to take the time to figure out shipping costs, package, and send it out. It is the holiday season and I am sure that you have enough to do already.

I am floored that there are people as nice as you out there. Thank you!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 11:02 AM on Dec. 10, 2008