Infection?

My wisdom teeth are popping out, (they are killing me) But now it's giving me a headache. Is it normal or I'm starting to have a infection in my mouth

SamJ321

Asked by SamJ321 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Health

• Wisdom don't just come out by themselves,u need to go to a dentist! Can u get in today?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i don't have a dentist anymore thanks to my moron I call a father.
    SamJ321

Comment by SamJ321 (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i guess you mean your wisdom teeth are coming in, right? you don't have to go to a dentist unless they get impacted. i had mine come in when i was in college and it did hurt....now you know why babies cry when they're teething. the molars are not sharp and pointy like the front teeth so it hurts more when they break through the gum. you can take tylenol or whatever pain relief you like.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Wisdom teeth can come up and even go back down and are usually very painful when they start to erupt. Some come in and don't bother people and others are miserable. They may come in straight if you happen to have room in your mouth but most don't so they will start coming in sideways or crooked. I'd go to the dentist if you have insurance. If not I'd wait a week and see if the pain eases. If it doesn't you will have to get it looked at or it could get infected.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2011