How do you get your 15 yr old sd to understand?

This girl is out of control. She is 15 and doing things like going into my sisters drawers and using her bras and underwear??????????? she used to do that to me until i got really mad at her one time and gave her a mouthful. she isnt my daughter when its convinient for her right but this has gone over board. she gets into my sisters phone we have to have a passcode on our phones now. she wears her daddys shoes and socks this is off the chain!! to me this is a respect issue. you dont just go get other peoples things especially undergarments. uggggg im so frustrated !

selaranda

Asked by selaranda at 12:02 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• Is she doing this to get attention? Does she not have enough of her own stuff? This just doesn't sound normal to me, not even normal rebellion-type stuff, but who knows. Maybe she needs counseling. This sounds bizarre.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you and her father need to sit down and have a heart to heart with her. Let her know where the boundries are and be consistant.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 12:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• yuck, your sisters undergarments. she needs a good talking to and at 15 she should know better. obviously she is looking for attention or something that she isn't getting. how is it at her mom's?
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• She doesnt have any communication with her mom. I have tried to be there for her but there is only so much that I can do. Dad really shows her how much he loves her but i think she needs her mom but her mom thinks she is 15 years old again and is out partying! I really do care for this young girl but some of the stuff she does....OMG
    selaranda

Comment by selaranda (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2011