My son will be 2 in august and he refuses to talk.....

he can say stuff but refuses. idk why. he's not slow in any way, and he is very smart for his age. why in the world is he not talking? when did your son start talking alot?

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• boys don't really start talking alot until a little later. with my oldest and my nephews it was at 3. with my younger son he was 2 1/2. it's nothing to worry about
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Not til he was about 3, and then once he started preschool at 3.5 he talked more yet. He's now 4 and is done with preschool and never stops talking.
    Anonymous

• He doesn't need to and also probably has nothing to say. Watch out though once he does start talking it will be in full sentences and most likely won't shut up. I have two that did this. Both, now are in the higher classes at school. Don't worry it will come.
    daps

Answer by daps at 12:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• sorry didn't answer the last part, both around four.
    daps

Answer by daps at 12:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My oldest didn't talk until he was 5 - he was diagnosed with autism at 3, which was out of the blue because he was and is extremely smart, just didn't talk. The other 3 of my older kids (I also have a 10 month old) started talking a lot around 18-20 months. My 2 yo blows me away with some of the stuff he says!

Answer by missanc at 12:18 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• thanks ladies :)
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Mine were chatter boxes at 2

Answer by older at 12:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My first son was a very early talker, but the second one didn't start talking till after 2.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 12:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2011