• In the Spotlight:

Would you consider 180lbs over weight?

being 5'5 would you consider 180 extremely over weight? Please be honest.
and how can a woman lose ten lbs being 180 lbs?? obviously diet change and excersise..but if you have lost a great amount of weight...please share how you did it. Thank you :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• yes at that height your overweight. should weigh 130
    Anonymous

• I'm that height and they said I'm considered obese.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Yeah. Excersize and eat right and it'll help
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My husband is 5"11' and 200 pounds is his perfect weight.....I am 5"4' and about 130 pounds is my perfect weight. So I guess is all depends on how you look, feel and if you are healthy at the weight you are at.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Yes, I would consider that overweight. I lost 10 lbs one time with just normal dietary changes (no soft drinks or sweets, salads with lowfat dressing instead of burgers, etc) and adding one extra walk/day, but I've never been over 150 even when pregnant.

Answer by missanc at 12:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Yes, I would. Maybe not "extremely" overweight, but yes, overweight. I'm 5'8" and weight 160, I need to lose 20 pounds. I'm doing the 17 day diet, I've lose 6 pounds in the first cycle. Its an easy and healthy diet and after plateauing on weight watchers for so long, its just what I needed. GL
    Anonymous

• Not extremely....but it is a health issue - especially depending on where you carry your weight (around your middle? Thighs? Butt?). Just to be realistic, a slow weight loss of 20-30lbs would make all the difference.
    That being said, I'm not saying a woman of that height/weight can't be beautiful. :-)
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I'm pregnant right now so I'm not at my perfect weight though Lol
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• yes that is over weight because you are 5'5. drink tons of water- exercise and add green tea supplements to your diet. you can find green tea pills at walmart, its all natural but it helps burn off the fat and it curbs hunger.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• yes, 180lbs. is overweight for 5'5.....and technically it's on the fence between overweight and obese.
    i counted calories to lose weight (1200 calories / day. write down everything you eat and measure out portions. 1 day a week you get off so that you don't fry your metabolism). i also do moderate exercise, mostly walking. i lost 125lbs. doing this and lost my baby weight after each kid. it's not as hard as it seems....you can do it! take the kid(s) for a walk for a hour everyday....play with them on the playground instead of sitting on the bench. walk to places that are close instead of driving. eat healthy foods....you get to eat more than if you chose something high in calories. eventually it will become second nature and you won't even have to write it down anymore. it will become the first choice. if you don't cheat at all usually you lose very quick in the beginning and that's agreat confidence boost!! GL!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2011