• In the Spotlight:

Morning Work Outs

OK--I enjoy working out but not in the morning. I prefer in the morning because then it is done but it is just so hard to get out of bed and head to my garage. I have a really nice set up with free weights, kettlebells, squat rack, and a nice rowing machine. But just getting down there is tough. How do you motivate yourself to do that so early in the morning?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I never work out in the morning I always do it at night. This way I don't make a fake commitment to myself to wake up and drag my ass to do the work out. I'm more alert and motivated at night.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:55 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Sounds like you have a great plan. My motivation comes from knowing that my family is still sleeping when I workout in the morning AND I have started my day off with doing something good for myself! Besides, if I workout in the morning, then I can't use my busy day as an excuse not to workout later...
    Find the right attitude and become the person you were meant to be!!!! :)
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 3:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Set a goal to get up at 6:30 (or whenever you need to get up to get in a 30-60 minute workout) and force yourself to do it four days a week for two weeks. On your day off, get up early, but do something that you want to do, like have coffee and read the paper. That way, you're body gets into a routine and gets a treat at the same time.

Also, if you don't feel like doing 30-60, get up a little later and do 15 mintues of Abs or 10/20 workout video on ExerciseTV (www.exercisetv.tv). There's a fabulous AM Yoga workout if you need stretching and stress relief.

This could even be your treat on the off day.

Hope this helps!
    awehrley

Answer by awehrley at 4:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I can't work out in the mornings either...well at least no earlier than 10am (when my daughter is at preschool and I have had enough coffee to keep my eyes open). I hate doing anything in the morning.
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2008