Anyone live near Camp Pendleton or Fort Leonard Wood?

My DH was told that he will soon get orders to one of these bases (the monitor told his Master Guns that in 48 hours, we'd know where we are going next). I'm curious on the cost of living for these areas? Housing (renting), sales tax, utilities, etc. Any info would be appreciated!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• Ft. Leonard wood cost of living is pretty low. I grew up there for a portion of my life. My dad was stationed there. Just be prepared, that place is small and there really isn't anything to do there! I would assume Camp Pendleton is higher living only bc it's in Cali. I would probably prefer Ft. Leonard wood over Pendleton.
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 8:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• We are hoping for Ft. Leonard Wood, because it'd be better for us income wise (we'd save a lot more--we do know that much. lol). I don't mind not having anything to do. I grew up in Jacksonville, NC (my dad was stationed at Lejeune for like 9 years), and the big thing to do there was go to Walmart. lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Jun. 7, 2011