I realy don't know what to do..

my son just never wants to eat and he lost a kilo i went to the doctor a whila ago to ask what to do since i'm worried he doesn't get enough vitamins they told me he will eat when he's hungry but how is it possible i mean is he never hungry than ? they say all toddlers are like that and it will pass but he has been like this since he is 1 year old so over 7 months and it's getting worse i went to to doctor so many times they always say the same... always tell me "oh but he is so energetic and happy you don't need to worry " but he lost weight!!! he is now 85cm and 11kg...
i really tried everything .... he will eat a little if i turn on the tv or some cartoons but he still eats very little and i know i shouldn't do that and be more strict but than he really never eats he refuses everything!
anyone any advice anyone has the same problem?....

krystina888

Asked by krystina888 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried giving him the pediasure drinks that gives them nutrients that children don't get through food? That would ensure that he was getting proper nutrition. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 12:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• pediasure seems to be great but is only sold in the US i'm from europe :(
    krystina888

Comment by krystina888 (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I would just make sure he's drinking plenty of fluids. My son went through the same thing, he wouldn't eat ANYTHING only wanted to drink milk...Dr said that is fine as long as he's hydrated. I wouldn't worry that much, you can give him vitamins, he's old enough for them if he'll eat them.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 6:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Lots of toddlers are picky eaters and parents always worry. You took him to the doctor and were assured that he is healthy and energetic, even though he lost some weight, so there doesn't seem to be any medical reason to worry. But the more you show him how concerned you are and make a big deal out of eating, the more eating is likely to become a battleground. Just be sure that the food he has available is nutritious, not junk food, and make sure you give him vitamins every day.
    One of my cousins was a skinny midget right up until puberty, and now he's 6'4 and 200 pounds. So size as a baby has nothing to do with how healthy he will grow up to be. let him be, and don't worry as long as his doctor says he's healthy.
    gerims

Answer by gerims at 2:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• try juicie juice or add something extra on food
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2011