Saving the environment or stinking up the bathroom?

At seven months pregnant, I find myself hitting the bathroom to urinate every half hour to an hour. I tinkle only a little bit at a time so I feel horrible wasting all that water to flush a few drops.

I have not been flushing at all until I do a #2 or when the toilet paper is reaching a dangerous level to flush.

Do any of you do this? Is this gross to you? I do flush when we have company over but I practice this even when my SO and SS are home.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 10:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Our entire family does not flush every time we "tinkle".. sorry but thinking of all the water going to waste for, like you said, a couple drops, just isn't worth it.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• No, it makes sense to me, now if your unloading A LOT of urine, I would feel like I HAD to flush. And if I do this I always keep the toliet lid closed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I'm not pregnant but I go pee all the time anyways (caffiene junkie) and throughout the night when I get up to go, I don't flush. It started because I didn't want to wake the kids when they were sleeping but now they're older and wouldn't wake up if a truck came crashing through the house. Just an old habit I guess, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• if it starts to stink maybe you have waited to long to flush. late at night I never flush, might wake up everyone and keep the lid closed.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:12 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I don't flush during the night, like ReneeK3 said. Mostly it was to avoid waking the kids when I started, but now it's just habit. During the day, I do. Part of that, though, is b/c the boys tend...oh, who am I kidding? The boys never flush! lol They always just go and then run back out, and I'm constantly yelling for them to go flush. So I do it during the day to try to set the example. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't for at least 2 or 3 times, if it was just peeing.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:20 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I usually pee twice before I flush to conserve water. I always flush when I poo though. :-)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• when my boys were little & one had to go, I would ask the other one if he had to go too before he flushed to save water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• During a water shortage years ago, there were public service announcements on the tv that said: "If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown flush it down."
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 2:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008