Has anyone ever been healed of a disease or sickness in their body?

My husband and I were both healed of a sexually transmitted disease that has been labeled incurable in the medical field. Simple by the prayers of a woman in our church who loved and reverenced God and was a true help and prayer partner for people who were going through difficult situations. I never went to the doctor but my husband did and I have medical proof that he had herpes and now he does not. I am talking no symptoms whatsoever for either one of us for over 11 years now. From the night that she prayed over us to this very day...no symptoms! Not just because of this, but I believe there is a God with all of my heart. I have seen him at work in my own life and others and I would bet the very life of my children on the fact that God does exist, and that is huge because my 2 children mean the world to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Are you ever afraid of it coming back?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Is there a specific way to pray for healing or do you just speak to God?
    Anonymous

• No I am not ever afraid of it coming back because I know God healed us. I don't even think about it coming back honestly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Just because you have no symptoms or an active outbreak does NOT mean that it is gone.
    As many as 50 million Americans are infected with the genital herpes virus, with about one million new infections each year. As many as 80%-90% of those infected fail to recognize herpes symptoms or have no symptoms at all. It is not clear whether these people never had an initial herpes outbreak or whether they never noticed a mild infection. They are contagious and may have additional outbreaks, nonetheless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• In other words, you're not healed you just haven't had an outbreak. Don't be an idiot, get tested and have your kids tested because it can pass to them through the birth canal!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• First of all you have to believe that God is who he says he is in His word (the Bible). Then you have to believe that He does and can heal you. My suggestion is that you find a christian or pastor who will pray with you. God is no respector of persons. However you must first have a relationship with him by asking him to forgive you of your sins and come into your heart. God desires a relationship with everyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Yes I have been physically healed. Short story: After I had my dd I went into heart failure. I was going to need a heart transplant. Some ladies in my Church prayed over me and I believed that I was healed. That was almost 10 years ago. To this day no transplant and no meds. God is glorious!

Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Your being the idiot by not believing in God. My husband had constant outbreaks before he was prayed over and now not one in over 11 years...come on there is a God and you just do not want to acknowledge him. I know the medical facts. I have been a registered nurse for 12 years . You do not have to educate me on what herpes is all about. I am not asking for opinions on whether you believe I am an idiot for believing in God and that he has healed my husband and I. I am asking if anyone on cafemom has experienced healing like we did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• No outbreaks does not mean he doesn't have herpes it simply means he doesn't have outbreaks. Did you even read what I wrote about 80-90% of cases having unrecognized or NO symptoms? Oh, and I happen to be a Christian, I'm just not an idiot.
    Anonymous

• Yes I do believe in healing. I was 8 weeks pregnant and could not even get up from my bed. Terrible Pain throughout my whole entire body.  I would never wish this on anyone.   My labs came back normal except for a little inflammation abnormalities. Doctor did tests and could not figureout the source. He just told me straight out.   I was so scared. I thought on how can I carry this child to full term and care for her and my other children and me now.  I went to a women's retreat and was truly blessed by the weekend and seeking God.  Sisters in Christ prayed over me there too.  It went away completely in about 1 mo. later.  GOD IS SO AWESOME!  For Christ I live :)

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2008