Did you snap at your SO while you were in labor?

My mom was just telling me how I chewed out my fiance for holding my leg wrong. Lol. I don't remember.

I've heard stories about women biting or slapping their SOs in the delivery room. What's your story?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I kept asking for my cup of ice, I felt like I was asking forever, when really it was within 20 seconds of asking & him getting it to me. By the time he got it to me, I was having a contraction & trying to fight the urge to push like the doctor said. He had it in my face & I screamed "GET IT OUT OF MY Fing FACEEEEEE". Oh he got mad LOL. He stuck it out but he definately brings it up still & says he's still mad at me about it lol.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Hell yea! I was in labor and couldn't have anything to eat except freaking ice chips and he came in with a bag of freaking salted peanuts that you could smell from across the room! Serves him right! :-)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• no....he was not there the one and only time i was in labor lol. it did hurt though (failed induction)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No, I went into labor twice and was induced once (the last 2 were scheduled csections), and I never snapped. I was very calm, but then I'm a fairly calm person anyway.

Answer by missanc at 1:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My husband claims I yelled at him about the ice too (although I don't remember growling at him like he claims). That was with our first daughter, with our second I was in so much pain (back labor) I don't remember even being able to talk for a big part of the labor.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• no not really... the only thing is i remember telling (not yelling) him that I was never going to have another baby again and that I never wanted to have sex with him again lol. Lets just say after saying I was never going to have another baby I am on my 3rd baby lol. But I never yelled at him or anything like that.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• The only thing I did was when he was downstairs in the cafeteria (he hadnt eaten in 14 hrs either) and the nurse said i could push I called him like 12 times to get him to come back. I didnt realize he didnt have signal so when he finally did answer I screamed at him for missing the birth (he didnt miss it btw) i was a little eratic. My mom took the phone and had to tell him 3 times to come back before he understood. LOL we still laugh about it today.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I didn't yell or freak out. I honestly expected he would do one hundred and one things that would annoy me, but I was so glad to have him there by me every step. Anyway, during the worst of the contractions I was breathing and counting and I was just squeezing his thumbs in my hand to help focus. He had raked the yard two days before my labor and turns out he had terrible blisters on both thumbs and I was squeezing them for all I was worth. He knew better than to say anything at the time since the pain levels obviously didn't compare, but he jokes about it now how I crushed his thumbs.

I do remember losing it on him after the baby came. We were on about night 3 of our 6 day hospital stay and DD was screaming her head off at probably 3 am and he was just sleeping away on his little Daddy bed. I needed help and I am calling to him, and then yelling, and then standing over him shouting, and he just slept thru it all.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• no, but my labor wasn't stressful or painful. we kinda joked the whole time
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Nope I was in pain I was very quiet.
    MizzMejia

Answer by MizzMejia at 3:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2011