Telling people... too many places to go

i really want to tell some of our relatives that they need to come to us for christmas and some holidays, .. my son will be 3 right before xmas and i will have a 4month old. i do not want to be running all around the place .. with two young children, this past year my mom had us go to her house then we all had to go to my aunts house , even though my mom came and watched my son open presents at my house
and he also had to go with his fathers family at some point

am i wrong to ask everyone else to come to me but we will still go to family dinner

jenn660

Asked by jenn660 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Holidays

• I am the same way! My son will be 3 dec 18th and I will have a 4 month old :) I'm just going to tell them that we will have Christmas here this year.

Is your second a boy or girl? Mine is a girl :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• We are doing that this year for Christmas. I am telling all my family Christmas day we will have lunch at our house and everyone is welcome to come but since the kids are so young we will be staying at our house all day so they don't wear out as easy all running around all day. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 12:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i am going to tell my parents and my SO's parents that they can come over and we can do breakfast.. and everyone can open gifts ... we always do lunch at my aunts house

brandi - my next one , the ultrasound tech said he was 85% sure its a girl so thats what we are planning
    jenn660

Comment by jenn660 (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• One would hope they would be understanding of your situation :)
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 1:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Good luck! This year was the first Christmas since I started dating my husband 18 years ago that I didn't have to spend the holiday with his mother. If I wanted to see my family we set up something before or after the holiday and while my kids were littte we never once got a Chrsitmas at home. Now, my family lives too far away to visit on the holidays and my kids are past the little kid stage (11 and 16).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Awe! Congrats!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• We used to run around all over the place, and I finally told everyone they were welcome to come to my house, your boy should get to be at home on Christmas, and with a 4 month old moving around from place to place (esp if it is cold) is a hassle, I would say we are having dinner at such and such, and if you want to celbrate Christmas with extended family do it on a day other than Christmas,, we now do Christmas on New Year's day with my inlaws.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Hmm....what about Thanksgiving with one side of the family, and Christmas with the other. That's what we've been doing, until a couple years ago when my family told me not to come over anymore. So now we do Thanksgiving at our house, Black Friday at my MIL's house for her excellent turkey chowder, and Christmas at our house with maybe a few grandparents.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• It is hard to see everyone over the holidays. Here is what my hubs and I do, for Thanksgiving we usually go to my moms and see his mom/family the next day. For Christmas my mil always has their family gathering on a random Saturday in Dec that way everyone can be there. Then Christmas Eve is spent with my dad and his side of the family, and Christmas Day is with my mom and sis. My house is way too small to host holidays (too many people to invite), so that is not an option for me unfortunately. I think it is fine to start having holidays at your house, as it is hard to travel and make all the stops during holidays- especially if you have little ones. And I would also tell everyone that you might not be able to make it to see everyone, and maybe start alternating holidays.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I just wish everyone lived close enough to see everyone on the holidays.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:52 AM on Jun. 8, 2011