Does Jogging a mile a day give good weight loss results?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Not if you consume more calories than your bodie needs.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• It completely depends on what your caloric intake and diet are like on top of the running.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I saw a special on tv about a group of people running a marathon. One woman's goal was to lose weight. She ran a lot, but she didn't lose the weight as quickly as she had hoped. Why? Because while exercise is important in may ways, it is not efficient in terms of burning fat/calories. I go to the gym and pour sweat on a machine for 30 minutes--only to burn 300 cal. I finally start counting calories and to my surprise I can easily eat 1800 at a soup & salad buffet in ONE meal! It would take me 6 days of huffing and puffing to burn just that one meal! A dietician advised to aim for 1200-1600 cals/day for weight loss.
    Flydragon

Answer by Flydragon at 9:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• No I am runner and run some times an hour a day straight. Which ends up being like 4.5 miles. But I recently went on weight watchers 9 weeks ago and lost 14 lbs so far. I didnt loose anything running before cause my calorie intake was too high. People have it in their head that they can eat what they want if they run an hour or so a day and that just doesnt happen. Also walking on a treadmill on an incline works great. "I have to do the now cause of flat feet. But u should really consider a diet plan also. I recomend Weight watchers
    bubbaelea22

Answer by bubbaelea22 at 1:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2008