I am a triple D and my back hurts constantly. My husband says if I lose 40 pounds I will not need a breast reduction. I am 5'6" and weigh 186 do you think they would go down that much if I were to lose 40 pounds?

I have to wear a bra even when I am at home or my back just kills me. I wish they had boob donors because I would love to donate some of my tissue to someone in need...lol!!!

bmwcmw

Asked by bmwcmw at 11:08 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Even if you lose that much weight I don't think your boobs are going to get much smaller. You could try to lose 20 and see if there is a difference but I doubt there will be. I hear you though, I am a triple D too.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i think you should try that before going under the knife, however i don't think theyll go down enough. Have your back always hurt you or just after you gained weight?? which i don't think it sound like your really that over weight?? i might be wrong i don't know..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I know when I loose weight my boobs are the first to go. I'm also 5'6 and weight approx. 160 and I'm a 36 c. Its worth a try!! =)
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 11:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• From experience I know that losing weight does not always mean losing breasts.

I had a breast reduction a year and a half ago. I did lose 110lbs prior but still had my size 42F breasts and wore two bras at a time for support, it was not only uncomfortable but my back killed me.

When I did lose that 110lbs the tiny bit of breast fat that I did lose made me droop and did not help the back situation.

My insurance covered my reduction which included a lift and side liposuction. I now look like I have implants my breasts are so perky! I LOVE THEM and I am no longer in pain. Not to mention, it is now even easier to work out.

Maybe you and your hubby should take a trip to the surgeon and have the surgeon determine if you have excess breast tissue or excess breast fat. The surgeon can make an educated guess to if losing weight will reduce your size enough
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 11:18 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My niece is only 5'3" & has 40 DD & she is only about 120lbs! So no not all of it is a weight issue. She wants to have hers reduced after she is done having kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Boobs are always the first thing to go! I've fluctuated a lot over the past 5 years or so, and when I'm smaller, I wear a smaller bra size.
    coolmommy3

Answer by coolmommy3 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• they should go down.. but you should be weighing around 136 .. however, try getting good support bras.. expensive but worth it foryour back.. my niece got reduced.. she had huge bowling balls.. she reduced to a full cup C and then ended up gaining weight and now her Stomach is bigger than her breast.. she feels sorry she reduced.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I wore a 40DDD before reduction. I could never by pants suits or skirts and top sets because I have a size 10 bottom and a size 22 top. Reduction was a godsend for me. No more neck pain, back apin and ridiculous stares. No more men talking to my boobs instead of my face. I went down to a 36 c and it was the best thing I ever did.
    Anonymous

• I would definitely try to lose weight first....anything to avoid surgery because that will be so hard on you!

Come try the 14-day green smoothie challenge to get you started :)

http://www.cafemom.com/group/greensmoothie
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I'm the same height as you, but 120 lbs and have next to no chest, when I'm not about to start my period my cup size is a 32 A (yes teens have bigger chest than me). I'd take that donation if I could, but I would say that I do exercise a lot and my chest could be due to that because during the times I didn't exercise due to being sick or unable to I was a 36 B... so I'd think if you lost 40 lbs maybe you'd go down hopefully one cup. I agree that trying it wouldn't hurt before looking at surgery.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 12:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2008