Do you ever feel like you take on too much?

i have recently started a home business and had alot on my plate with kids summer activities and crafts and errands etc. But some days i just envy people that sit around and do nothing b/c i feel like i don't do enough of this or i don't do enough of that and it eats at me. Does anyone else feel this way?

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 1:18 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I think its good to find a balance between working hard and having some relax or alone time. I feel like society expects too much these days. I'm a laid back person who likes to take life easy as possible but I also enjoy the satisfaction of hard work and a job well done. so I do both but for me, the only way to do that successfully is to not work at a job away from home. I give props to those of you that do .
    christina259

Answer by christina259 at 4:04 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I juggle 40+ hrs work a week with 5 kids, a DH, a house to run and a Golden Retriever...hell yes I am stressed and overwhelmed!

I don't know the definition of words such as bored, or nap, or sleeping in, or me time. But most days, I wouldn't have it any other way.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I have always taken on too much stuff. Between my 4 kids, volunteering at their school, the 2 girls I was watching and the volunteering I do for my church (nursrey, sunday school, fundraising dinners, cooking for families in need, baby and wedding showers and wedding food for people in the congregation, ladies functions) I'm done. There isn't enough time in the week for all of this so I have taken a step back. I couldn't imagine working right now on top of everything else. But then I thought that if I'm not working I should be able to volunteer and it got out of control. I am taking a step back and the summer off.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I stress myself out trying to do too much for DD, I always have. I came from a family where my parents worked, and that was it. We didn't do fun stuff as a family or spend a lot of quality time together. I definitely didn't want to have this with my children. I work full time, and when I get home I make sure EVERY DAY I do something with DD, even if it is just sitting in the living room playing with toys or reading. She is my top priority, so if dishes or laundry don't get done because I'm playing with her or taking her to the park, so be it.
    Anonymous

• ‎"Work is an antidote for anxiety, and ointment for sorrow, and a doorway to possibility. Whatever our circumstances in life let us do the best we can and cultivate a reputation for excellence in all that we do. Let us set our minds and bodies to the glorious opportunity for work that each new day presents."
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 1:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• What I'm saying, is just be thankful for what you do have :) Hope you get some time to rest and relax.....It is ok to take a day off! BTW, what's your home business?
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 1:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Yes, sometimes you have to step back and just say "NO."
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I could never have the time or energy to do a at-home business, because I am raising two special needs kids. I'm stretched thin enough as it is..last month I had 17 appointments..this month 14. I wouldn't have the time to do anything else. If you ever feel that it gets to be too much for you to where you have no time with your kids and your always cranky..It might be best to hold off on your business until your children get older and you have more free time to pursue this. You might not have an option though, which I understand..things are very tough economically for so many families right now. Perhaps there is someone who could help take the kids once in a while; family, a friend, maybe if it's possible hire a babysitter. Easier said than done I know..because in my family there is little support and understanding for our circumstance in raising special needs kids everyday. I hope things will get better for you, you deserve it
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• thanks it makes me feel better that other people feel this way and that i shouldn't feel guilty about wanting to take a step back.
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Everyday. This morning when I got back from my jog and through a load a laundry in before showering for work, DH says "It amazes me what all you do around here working 40 hours a week. You are a hell of a woman, my love." That made my entire day today. Though I was thinking to myself now you notice it so how about you fold that basket of clothes when its done ha ;)

BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2011