Wow some people amaze me!!

Ok heres the situation, I've been married for 5 years and lived on my own since I've been married, we have a 5 year old. My parents very rarely come and visit the last time my dad did was in January of this year, and my mom she came last month..Ok to get to the point when they do come its always a agurement cause Im always telling them to stop swearing in front of my daughter, they dont think the words shit and ass are swears, I DO!! A swear is a swear in front of child! Anyways she can come visit Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Friday..Saturdays Im hardly ever home, food shopping , church, etc..But she wants to come on Saturday (its more of her controlling me tellin me what day SHE wants to come) she said she doesnt like coming during the week cause shes tired from work (8am-4pm) now she wants to take me to court for visitation rights, she said she should be able to come visit her granddaughter when ever she feels like! I need some advice cause I'm not telling her not to come she has Mon-Fri to come..I'm just telling her she cant come on a day I'm not here! Like I said she said she wants to come visit when SHE wants.I'm a very good mom so if she wants to take me to court, BRING IT ON

Princesaof1

Asked by Princesaof1 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Let her try. She can play the grandparents rights card all she wants. They are vastly misunderstood and most certainly not what she is complaining about. I say stick to your guns. You are the mother and you told her when she can visit. As for the swearing in front of your daughter, that is just wrong. If you say not to do that, she needs to repect your rules.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Well no court is going to grant her visitation "whenever" she feels like it, I would perhaps ask her what all of the hostility is about, and why does she want to come over and visit angry? Tell her that you will ask her to leave for cursing the next time it happens.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Wow, what a piece of work. Threatening my family like that would be grounds for cutting off all communication. When the court sees that you offered reasonable visitation times in the first place, they will be pissed for her wasting their time. She will end up without any of you and it serves her right. She really stepped it this time. She went too far.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• well let her be a bitch and take you to court.. or set up one saturday a month where she can have the child.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• LOL I think it's hilarious that she's going to take you to court for visitation? lol seriously?
    YOU have the right to ask them not to swear around your kids. If she doesn't like it then she doesn't need to be around. Disrespectful! AND YOU have the right to let her know when an appropriate time is to come visit.....I wouldn't answer the door if I were you, or make it so your not home on the weekends. Don't answer her calls unless it's during the week or anything.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 1:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• That is hilarious! They will throw it out of court.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 1:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• YOU go mamma! You can deny them any visitation rights because of the behavior around your child. You are the mother and you know what is right for your child! If someone has a problem with that........It's their problem not yours. LOL And yeah...as far as the court goes...:) right.....OK.....let them have it :) I think the court will be on your side because you are doing the right thing trying to protect your child from a negative and inappropriate behavior. Best of luck!

MommyOK

Answer by MommyOK at 1:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I think you are being more than reasonable. If she actually tries to take you to court it will be a joke. Tell her she's being ridiculous, don't waste her or your time, just stop being so stubborn and she can visit all week!
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 1:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• You are this child's mom and the grandma needs grow up and to visit when it fits for you and your child. My MIL insists on coming on Fridays, which is when I do the shopping and run errands. Then, of course, she's mad at me because I'm not home for her unannounced visits and even worse I won't leave the house unlocked so she can let herself in.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Many states don't even have grandparent visitation and it is VERY hard to get them if both parents agree they don't want the grandparent to get it. But if your mom goes before a judge and tells them that she is there because you won't let her come whenever she wants, it will be thrown out. You will be fine.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2011