Do you think this is serious? adult content

The last couple times I have had a BM there has been blood in the stool and on the toilet paper; I have an appointment with my doctor this Thursday but was wondering what your opinions are? Thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Health

• Hemorrhoids are itchy and painful. Tearing is absolutely horribly painful. That is actually called an anal fissure. They need to do a Fecal Occult. Blood Test on you. How long have you been bleeding? Is it actually in the stool itself?
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 6:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• probably a hemorrhoid.
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I agree, probably hemmoroids but it's better to get checked. Better safe then sorry. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• A tear?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Could be anything from a hemorrhoid to cancer. Have you ever had problems with hemorrhoids? You usually know if you have one.
    Keep the appointment.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Hemorrhoid or anal fissure- You can also get irritation and scant bleeding from passing constipated stools.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Hemorrhoids, polyps, not something you want to ignore. It's something you want to have checked just to be sure and then not worry, most likely if you just had a baby it is hemorrhoids from all the pushing, we all seem to get them. Lucky us !!

MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• could be anything as minor as just some constipation related issues, or could certainly be more serious. Glad you are seeing a doctor. If you have any bleeding at any location in your gastrointestinal tract you can have blood in stool. Don't mess around with blood in stool -- get it checked out asap.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 11:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I plan on keeping my appointment was just asking if anyone had this and what I could do to relieve it till Thursady
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 6:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2011