Teacher punches student in self-defense.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43294291/ns/today-today_people/t/teacher-who-punched-student-i-had-defend-myself/

Here is yet another example where a teacher is held guilty until proven innocent. If I were backed into a corner and had a kid bigger than me get in my face like that, I would have punched him too. Then people wonder why kids today have no respect for authority. They see cases like this where all the attention is placed on a teacher defending herself and suddenly it's child abuse and blah blah blah. Take this kid to juvenile detention already and teach him some manners and public decency. All we're doing is setting an example that it's ok to corner and bully a teacher and get away with it because "they're just a teacher, they can't do anything. Thats child abuse". Give me a break. Thoughts?

DJsMommy610

Asked by DJsMommy610 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Things like this are why I won't sub in the high school. At 5'2" most of those kids are bigger than I am and there is no discipline at our high school.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I totally agree with this. I also think it starts in the home. If kids can get away with disrespecting their parents, they can get away with it anywhere else, too. I recently heard a 4 year old tell his mother "I'm gonna call the po-po on you!" because she was trying to get him to stand in line at school. At 4, kids are already running over their parents? I dare my children to say anything like that to me ever. They can call the police...hell, I'll call the police!! lol I will not be disrespected and I will not allow my children to disrespect other people and act as if they don't have any manners or home-training.
    SpiffySnaps

Answer by SpiffySnaps at 1:57 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• For the safety of the children, I have no problem with removing her until they were sure it was self defense and justified (and it was)

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Hadsock was taken to the principal’s office while the authorities were called. She was put in a police car, handcuffed, and taken to the local precinct to have a mug shot taken. She was initially charged with felony child abuse, but the charge was recently dropped when the state attorney’s office determined she had acted in self-defense.

Ohhh my....  i would be curious to know what evidence they had to handcuff her, etc...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• While any legal charges against her have been dropped, her future as a teacher at Central High School is uncertain.

Pure BS.  

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• "It’s a small faction of students that’s making it so bad all across the nation"

I agree with this statement. In more than just students. Because our nations has progressed into a highly over sensitive, overly PC, overly free pass world.  I don't see it changing for the better any time soon...  

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I work with kids, but luckily I have the authority to remove them from my activities, but some kids thought it was funny one day to hit me, yes teens, I gave them one swift warning, put your hands on me again, not only will you get kicked out, but I will have you arrested. PERIOD
    Anonymous

• Tison feels the incident is a reflection of a growing trend of insubordination against teachers nationwide.

IMO, when parents lack the ability to discipline and teach their children right from wrong and to respect authority, this is the type of result society can expect.  Parents should be held responsible for their children's flagrant disregard for respect.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i wish i could have punched him...

This was a loved teacher for 20 some years...

this is a kid who undoubtly will be in jail within the next 20 years.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 2:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Schools do a lousy job of protecting teachers from violent students. It's no big deal that she was placed on leave while they investigated, it would happen if this happened in ANY workplace.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2011