How can I teach to her to be a better driver without hurting her feelings?

she's trying to learn, but she's terribale at it and I'm afraid if I yell it will crush her self esteem. but it's hard not to yell when she's about to drive in the ditch! please help! I need tips to help her along

tlover1017

Asked by tlover1017 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• Enroll her in a driving course. The school should be ale to refer you to one or even have their own.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Well, I will tell you I was a horrible driver when I was learning! My mother put me in driver's ed in school. I was allowed to drive twice. lol both times the instructor that drove with me and the others laughed and stared! My mom let me drive a few times, she didn't raise her voice with me, she would state calmly "slow down, keep it to the right" and other things to guide me. Maybe if you take her to some rural roads (where I grew up and learned to drive lol). Where she can learn without much traffic. If it makes you feel any better, I am an excellent driver with a perfect record! Good Luck! :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Enroll her in driving school, take her to a shopping center when they are closed and let her practice, you will get an inurance deduct if she completes driving school! I mean you have to teach her how to do it better, a little hurt esteem is way better than a wreck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• U have to teach her that driving is a responsible thing she could kill someone and she could be hurt by not paying attention
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:39 AM on Jun. 7, 2011