Overbooking stylist?? VENT

This has happened a few times and its pissing me off. My hairstylist has this one older lady that comes in twice a week for wash and sets,and once a month she has it dyed as well. Today I had a haircut appointment for 9am. i walk in,there's the lady in the chair. its 8:55. SIGH.... She puts her in another seat,washes my hair,gets me back to the cutting chair and makes me sit while she rinses the lady's hair and gets her under the dryer. She hurries thru MY cut to get the lady styled. I was there less than 15 minutes. Lucky for me it was just a trim. Imagine if I needed longer!

No apology by the way. If this woman needs an hour or more to be done,why didn't she at least call me and ask if I could come in at 10 or something?!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Honestly I don't think that is very good customer service I wouldn't put up with it :(
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 2:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• That happens to me a lot. I usually spend 2 hours there getting a cut and color. There's a 20 minute window when my color goes on that she'll slide someone else in for a trim, usually a guy so it's quick. But there's been plenty of times he's had to wait on me to get the color rinsed out, then I have to wait on her to finish him up.

I always make sure I block off 2 hours to be there. She's a great stylist, so I don't mind waiting.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Well do you like her? I would call her and tell her that the next time she is running behind, how about a phone call? I am a stylist and honestly sometimes it can be difficult to stay on time (esp when our clients come late). She should not have rushed through your haircut, but please try to understand, sometimes things may take longer than we planned on. for example, I was doing a hilite, and the client had failed to tell me she had color on her hair,, I asked her but she thought semi-permanent wasn't color. Anyway it took me an hour longer than I had planned on to get her to lift. I had to scramble to accomodate everyone. The good news is she is probably pretty good because she is in demand, but just pick up the phone and talk to her,, I would rather that than to lose a client!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• She remarked to me that after me,she didn't have a client til noon!

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2011