Why the hell can't buy toilet paper with food stamps? I am serious--update please read--sn revealed!!!!

I went to the store to buy groceries for our two weeks. When the items were being run up, the cashier asked how I will pay for the toilet paper--cash, credit, or check. I was like wtf? I said on my ebt card. She said that you can't buy non food items, beer, etc on it. I said my caseworker did not say a thing. I asked for an exception and she was like no, sorry ma'am. What a bitch. It was just toilet paper. Vent over.
Btw, I left the store and went home. Dh is pissed becuase I could have at least brought the food home. I told him to go and do it himself. He is out
smh

OKAY, I got super bored and love to make people laugh. Maybe this is lame lol. Anyhow, not sure ifI want to reveal myself but I am tempted to:)

Now that you know who am, answer if you are shocked or not:)

tickled_pink09

Asked by tickled_pink09 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Shopping

• The cashier wasn't being a bitch..she was just doing her job. You can't be mad at her for following instructions. She couldn't have made an exception because toilet paper isn't covered on the card so the toilet paper would not have been paid for.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• You're a fucking idiot if you think you can buy anything not food related with FOOD stamps.
    Anonymous

• I am a smart person. I just got my ged bitch.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• WOW! Be grateful that you can get food stamps. Do you know how many people are struggling and you bitching about some damn toilet paper?
    Anonymous

• You should be able to pay for your TP. Not us tax payer's.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Because food stamps are for food. FOOD stamps. Not toilet paper stamps.

Answer by gemgem at 2:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• LOL! You don't sound smart right about now.
    Anonymous

• Although I am sorry for your frustration...it isn't the cashier being the bitch. You should have been informed about the non food item thing, but it wasn't her fault. And now you've inconvenienced your family and you don't see to care. Time to Supe up, SuperMommy.
    Anonymous

• dh callls me an idiot. I don't it here. Maybe I should post in nc. I am new to this site and I see that this may not be the place
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Sorry they may sound harsh above....but unless you have an EBT card for both food stamps and cash aid you can't get non food or HOT prepared food with your food stamp card....and there would be absolutely ZERO way for a cashier to override this and let the TP get paid for via food stamps....a manager can't even override that in the system. You also have to pay for any soda or bottle deposits as well.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2011