The nerve of some people?

for months now i have planned to take my soon to be three year old to seasame place for her birthday. I am going to have arranged for her to eat with the characters and what ever else it is she wants to do because its her birthday. the two previous years she has had birthday parties and this year i wanted it to be different . well i have a sister who crosses many of boundries and im tried of her. she decides she wants to throw my daughter a birthday party anyway ..i told okay but i wouldnt have anything to contribute because all of my money is going to the seasame place trip. she told me if i wasnt going to contribute anything dont plan to attend my own daughters party.. i told her she'd be lucky if my daughter attends her own party. i wouldnt feel bad becasue i know that she will have a blast at seasame place and she wouldnt be missing out on anything...how do you think i should handle this problem and how do you think i should handle my sister...she has no kids and she's filling a void through my daughter

amiyamom08

Asked by amiyamom08 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell her to fuck off. I wouldn't go to the party, just do the Sesame Street thing and let her waste all her time and money for nothing.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Tell her it's very kind of her to want to throw a party, but your birthday budget this year will be spent on Sesame Place so you don't have money for a party. If she wants to pay for a party that is up to her, but naturally if you are not welcome then your daughter will not attend. Then let her do what she wants to do, and if she starts drama remind her that all of this was settled before hand.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i would tell her not to throw the party because your DD would not be able to make it so it would be a waste of time & money. Tell her that if she wants to celebrate her nieces birthday, she can do it at the sesame street place with the rest of the family.

What a bitch...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I tell her what you said here... That your money is going towards this trip you've planned for YOUR daughter. If she wants to plan a party for YOUR daughter go ahead, but you won't be helping. If she doesn't want you there because of not helping, then YOUR daughter won't be there either. Plain and simple.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:08 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i have a SIL that does that shit...you have to take control and exclude her from things in order for your daughter to look up to you instead, your sister will decide to exclude herself anyway because she doesnt want you to play mommy, she wants you to share your daughter.

if the party means to that your sister won't go then do it for your daughter and everyone else that loves her, she will eventually see that she can not control your life and either distant herself or act like the aunt she's suppose to be in the first place.

go ahead with the party, dont let people like that drag you down!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• and as for your sister throwing your daughter a party, stick to your words and don't let her attend or go when its convienent for you, make sure she has the party the day before or after your party your throwing her.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I wouldnt let her throw a party for DD. Not even bc she is mentally ill and telling you must pay or can't attend your own daughters party but simply bc youre making it a special day for you and her. You are her parent and get to choose what you guys do and you obviously know your child best and feel she would better enjoy lunch with the characters!
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 3:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• She's going to throw a birthday party for YOUR child and YOU aren't invited?? Oh yeah, that would work for me.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• she really told you to contribute or don't come? heck, I've been accused of crossing the line with my niece, but that was more along the lines of making rules that when she was with me no sugar on a empty stomach, and that she could wear her play dresses out in public. No one ever told me it was against the rules, that's part of the fun of being a little girl!

you sister sounds like a piece of work if you ask me!

maybe if worse comes to worse her dad can take her to the party? I don't blame you for not wanting to take her, but my guess is if you don't, then she's going to throw a fit, you'll have to deal with it one way or another. That and your sister will probably post on facebook how you didn't bring her niece to her own party that she worked so hard on and your daughter could very well get caught in the middle as well.
    Getting her there may be easier than dealing with the aftermath. cont-
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• cont-
    maybe if you two could make peace before the party. May be a way for all to win.

sometimes it's not about being right.
    man, and I laughing at your sister right now! I've got half a mind to send this to my niece's parents and say "see!? I'm a SAINT!"
    lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 6, 2011