What shots are they suppose to get before starting school ?

We use to have a regular peditrician... and so therefore they told us whenever it was time for shots and stuff ( we would have regular check ups) ... and of course after my kids last shots they said no more until time for school.

My oldest child is about to start preschool... but we lost our insurance and so we cannot go back to the peditrician until we find a new insurance....

the problem is... I am not sure what shots she would have to get before starting ? and can I just go to the health dept. to get them ? Will they check our income before allowing us to get shots there ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• They may. If she's up to date she should be fine but the school will tell you if you call them. If they check your income they will probably put you on a sliding scale
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• U could go to HD but I do not know if they would check income,I would think they would. They check it for welfare.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• do you get all their vaccines done or just the ones they have to have for school? Cause if you get all the vaccines then she shouldn't need any for preschool if she is up to date on shots. My kids get vaccines and i think they haven't gotten them since they were I can't remember 2 or 3 then they didn't need them anymore until they started kindergarden which my oldest had to get before starting and i can't remember which shots she got, but she got 4 shots I think 1 might have been the MRI and 1 might have been the chicken pox, but not sure of the other 2
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• The last shots she got was when she turned 3.. they said when she started school, so i assumed it meant for preschool ??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Call the school, or call a doctor. they can tell you what shots are needed. AND even though you don't go to that particular DR anymore, you can still get a record of the shots your children did have already to take to where ever you end up going to get the shots. you can call the health dept and ask about low cost or free vaccines etc...
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Call your pediatrician to find out what shots the child may need before starting school. Then call the local health dept. and see if they offer those for free or on a sliding scale.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• health dept will certainly give them as it is a law in every state that your children are in school.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2011