So i am in trouble for her son not listening...

A "friend" ( a family friend, not a personal friend) stopped over to pick something up...

She has a 13 year old son who kept bugging my dog... ( my dog is 10 pounds, the kid is about 200 pounds) ... i kept telling him over and over to leave the dog alone : " honey, don't wave your hand in front of the dog" , " honey, quit poking at the dog", HONEY, STOP MESSING WITH THE DOG" ..... assuming his mother would catch the drift and make her child listen... but now he kept doing it and my dog bit his finger -- it did bleed but not alot -- one drop on a paper towel and it was done....

SOOOO.. SHE gets mad, thinking her poor baby needs stiches and tells me I have to pay for the DR. bill... i at this point get even more annoyed and say i tried to tell him to stop, I told him if he didnt stop the dog would probably bite ( he has never bit anyone before but he is a puppy and was gorwling ) ... second, what stitches? it wasnt bleeding, you couldnt even tell where he was bit... I would be paying for a pointless doctor visit ....

this makes me so mad and i was so happy to tell her and her bratty son they were no longer welcome in my home !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I feel for you,however don't be surprised when she hands you a bill. Apparently bad parenting,and lack of common sense on the kid's part,are your fault.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• yeah I am expecting a bill -- that is how she is and surprisingly this isnt her first time doing something like this ( but to other people )
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• wow
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• A 13 yo is old enough to understand not to torment a dog.  I would tell her to go to hell, I will not pay for a doctor bill. When it is the kids fault.

Answer by louise2 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Stupid people piss me off. I'm a B*tich so I'ld probably go to the shrink and hand her the bill saying it's because her stupidity gave me a nervous break down. Again though I'm a B*tch. I'm sorry this sucks good luck.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• id hand the bill right back to her, and tell her I will give her a check for some parenting classes though. I would not pay that bill.
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 3:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• You can't fix stupid... but if she does hand you a bill just say no thank you. Tell her that you told her son to not bother the dog and sounds like you told him that the dog might bite, so it is his fault. I wouldn't pay it.
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I'm on the dogs side, but I think that you are partially to blame here. You say you kept telling the kid the dog would probably bite. So why didn't you get the dog away from the kid that was harassing him? did you try?

if you were going to and it happened to fast, that's one thing. but if you thought that it was enough to tell the kid to stop and then have to live with getting bit that's another thing.

you own a dog, and dog owners know that sometimes these things happen. that's the chance we take. So unless you are willing to fight this woman on the subject you are probably going to get stuck with the bill?
    BTW- is your dog up to date with his shots? I hope so!
    Anonymous

• after I told him the first time I picked the dog up ... the dog was in my arms when he bit him....... Picture it : i am standing there, dog in my arm, talking to his mom.... he is waving his hands in front of me - trying to poke the dog.... I tell him to keep i give her the eye.... the dog bites him.... I even keep like move arms back away from him but he kept coming to the dog !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I should have re-read that before i hit enter....

I mean I told him to keep away from the dog

and I even kept moving the dog ( in my arms ) away from him... ( expecting any mintues for his mom to yell at him or soemthing)

and yes he is up to date on all of his shot.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2011