Wedding gift

I am going to a wedding this Saturday. It is a second wedding. The bride is 46. She is my friend. I feel weird giving money to someone that age. They are not 2 kids starting out. They have a home, she has a son who is 16. It is at a Hilton, during the day, it will be nice. What do I get them? I was thinking a bottle of Dom Perignon. Any other suggestions?

mompam

Asked by mompam at 3:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Entertainment

• Nice stem wear? Or maybe a gift card for a couples spa day?
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• a basket full of goodies like bath items, wine, cheese, crackers, fruit, glasses with their wedding date on them, a picture frame to record the happy event. If over night then maybe a gift card for breakfast or lunch.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• If it's a formal wedding at a Hotel then it is customary to give a check no matter how old they are.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i like the basket idea :) we got a picnic basket full of goodies like chic covered pretzels and wine with cloth napkins and a blanket inside. it was cute and nice to have
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 11:38 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Isn't she registered somewhere?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I like the spa day idea, thanks!
    mompam

Comment by mompam (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Not registered that I can find. It's a second wedding. She already has a house, dishes, furniture, etc. She is 46.
    mompam

Comment by mompam (original poster) at 8:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2011