Is it difficult having a c section?

Is it difficult after having a c section? Im pregnant with my second child and Im scared of having a c section. My first delivery went smooth. But I know all deliveries are different.

hmomr

Asked by hmomr at 8:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ummm yeah its difficult. I have had 2 and they were both really painful. Its way different then a natural birth ill tell you that much!
    Anonymous

• Yes it is. The days after the section are very painful, being in the hospital with a new baby, and trying to breastfeed, rest and bond is really difficult when you are in pain, and they are giving you loads of pain medication to deal with it. I hated the whole experience and pray that my next birth is at home, and normal!
    Samantha675

Answer by Samantha675 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My c-section was very difficult and painful. I couldn't move the next day, couldn't breastfeed cuz I was so sore. I didn't walk straight up till my ds was almost 2 weeks old. My friend had one though and she was good to go in just a couple of days. It just varies from person to person. The greatest thing I ever did though was to prepare myself (emotionally and environmentally) for the c-section. I didn't want to have one, but I knew it was a good possibilty that I would have one. good luck to you!
    Anonymous

• I had my daughter vaginally and my chart now reads traumatic delivery so when I became pregnant with my son they said I should definitely do a c-section. After all the problems I had with my daughter (wat to much to list and I dont want to scare anyone) I was happy to go forward with the surgery. Having had one of each I would choose a c-section any day of the week!!! But thats just me.
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 11:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I had a c-section with my daughter, and I feel that it wasn't all that bad. And I could not rest afterwards the way they tell you to. My daughtr was in the nicu so I was back and forth all day everyday. I was sore but not horriable. I know it can be different for everyperson. But that was my expirence. Also they clean you out very well so you are not dealing with all the bleeding that comes with having a natural birth. I considered that a bonus!!:o)
    jorbear

Answer by jorbear at 12:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2008