How do I get out of my 4yrs bed???

She goes to sleep in her room, in her bed. When she wakes up anywhere from 11 on, I go in there and am just too tired to get her back to sleep then back to our bed. I just lay down and she goes back to sleep instantly, and so do I.

How do I get out and still get some sleep?? I work full time, so I have to sleep at one point.

ShelbysHope76

Asked by ShelbysHope76 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• U should not have started sleeping in her bed.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I know...but wow, 2nd kid...too tired to fight. Now im in trouble and know it!!!
    ShelbysHope76

Comment by ShelbysHope76 (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Can't imagine it takes her that long to fall back asleep, so lose a whole 15 minutes of sleep, and wait for her to fall asleep, when she's asleep leave the room.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• If only that easy, she will wake up again and again. So. way more than 15mins of sleep
    ShelbysHope76

Comment by ShelbysHope76 (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Try it baby steps at a time. Next time you go in, do a kiss and tuck, then lay on floor instead of in the bed with your arm in the bed.

Inch away from the bed the next time. Make it to the door. Time after that lean against the wall in the hall.

Then go to bed. And sleeeeppppp.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 12:15 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Thanks katedinva, I will try that tonight.!
    ShelbysHope76

Comment by ShelbysHope76 (original poster) at 9:45 AM on Jun. 7, 2011