Thawing Breastmilk

I need tips on the best way to thaw breast milk and warm up breast milk in a bottle. I've got to go back to work in a few weeks and last night when I went to thaw/warm up a bottle, I ran it under warm water like I read in a breastfeeding pamphlet the hospital gave me and it took FOREVER! There has got to be a faster & better way, I hope.

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 3:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I put it in the refrigerator at least 24 hours before I'll need it (but no more than 48). And then when it needs to be warmed up I put it in a bowl of hot water and let the hot water run over it. Much quicker that way.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 3:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• In our Nicu, we do just what lifetime does.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Yeah, thats probably the best way, the breastmilk will stay "good" in the fridge for 24 hours so put what you think you'll need in the night before :)
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2011