• In the Spotlight:

Do you watch the movie or read the books first?

I'm watching the newest Harry Potter and I've already read all the books and was curious. If a movie is made from a book do you read the book or watch the movie first? I read the book first, IMO the book is always better!

onemellowmom

Asked by onemellowmom at 3:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Entertainment

• Books - my imagination is way better than any movie that could be created!
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 11:57 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• very true.. and when ur into the book u really pay attention in the movie.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I always really prefer to read the book before I see the movie. I read The Lovely Bones, then watched the movie. The movie was not as good as the book. I read all the twilight books and loved them, but the movies are kind of cheesy in parts lol. I'm reading Dear John and going to watch the movie after I finish it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I read the books first. Normally the movies make me mad after reading the books cause they leave out so much or they completely twist the plot. Movie and book called Blood and Chocolate was about a group of werewolves who are having to live in a city and well the main character Vivian is a werewolf can't decide if she would like the taste of blood or chocolate (living a human life or her life with the pack) well in the book she embrace the werewolf and choose the pack in the movie she choose a human boy) the movie was a real let down.
    Vivian0331

Answer by Vivian0331 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I try my darndest to read the book first.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Book first. I have only found ONE movie that is better than the book: Last of the Mohicans. The first 50 pages of the book describe a rolling grassland.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I generally read the book first, but not always.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I read the book and then get pissed when so much of it is cut out of the movie and stuff has been added to it that was not in the book. But I still watch the movie!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I read the book first and hope I will not be dissapointed with the movie. However, there has been an exception to this lately. I am wanting to read Pillars of the Earth, but thought I would get to know who is who before I dive in. The series is great.
    nwmommy75

Answer by nwmommy75 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• books!! harry potter movies are great but the books are so much better!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 11:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2011