Faith, World view, Belief systems, Religion

happyWhat is the difference to you?

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 3:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Faith is believing something that cannot be fully known, or lacks evidence to support it.

Belief systems are sets of rules, morals, laws, and traditions groups of people hold to be true for themselves and oftentimes others.

Religion is the mechanism to teach certain belief systems, usually involving at least one god or other spiritual being that commands/guides these beliefs to be followed.

Don't know of any universal world view, besides death and taxes.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:08 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• IMO :
    Faith - the individual spirituality or beliefs pertaining to God, etc
    World view - what makes up a person's out look on life and the world, how they understand and process information, the context through which they see the world and the information in it.
    Belief Systems - the different categories by which they sort their beliefs - politically, religiously, personally, morally, etc
    Religion - an established tradition through which rituals/rites/orthodoxies/etc are passed down, which can be involved with faith, but the two aren't one in the same. it can be how someone associates themself, whether they use the title merely to explain their faith or whether they are actively involved in a specific church or denomination, if that makes sense....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Thank you very much ladies! Very well thought out.
    ochsamom

Comment by ochsamom (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• This is just a very basic outline of my views:

Religion
    is a man-made system of control that seeks to dictate how you live your life and what you believe.

Faith, on the other hand, is a personal belief. You can have faith in many things ... the divine, your spouse, fairies, whatever. Faith is intangible (can't touch it) but still very real. 

Belief systems can be faith and religion combined. However, it doesn't have to be about religion at all. It could be a moral belief system ... what you see as right and wrong and the punishments for doing the wrong thing. 

World view is how one sees the world. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:18 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• SpiritedWitch defined them as I do, so I wont write it all down again for ya.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• They're all kind of intermingled. My faith is what I believe about the world beyond what science can prove. My religionis how I choose to express my faith and where I find encouragement and support.  My world view is that we are all humans regardless of our faith or religion we all want to be treated with love and compassion, we all carry the same kind of DNA so we are of one human family.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I don't think I could say it better than SpiritedWitch did.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2011