I am hiding money from my hubby...

I am hiding so far $80.00. But it is just an incase emergency or maybe just to see how much I can save up.
Am I wrong?
He is excellent at saving money, I am the spender, but I am tired of being broke so I am trying to save. And if anyone knows how much money I have then they will say, you have some money lets get this, while saving theirs.

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 4:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• Plus I would really like Christmas to not be put on credit cards this year!
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I don't think it's wrong as long as your not saving it to spend on yourself.
    I do the same thing, but all the money like you said goes to emergencies, if we're short on food or something, if the kids need clothes and we don't have enough left over after bills or whatever. It's NEVER for myself.
    I wouldn't mind my husband doing the same thing if he wasn't the spender himself! lol It's always a good thing to save money! Kuddos to you for being the spender and trying to save!
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 4:12 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I do the same thing, I am a stay at home mom and it makes me feel better having "my own" money. Empowers me a bit! I don't think anything is wrong with it. Besides I always prepare myself for the worse and you never know what can happen, it's good to have a stash! Good for you.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• great idea! i have done that before.
    giggleslotz

Answer by giggleslotz at 4:12 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• And to comment on what beachybabe said, I don't thnk there is anything wrong with you using some on yourself! Most Moms NEVER spend enough on themselves! I'd say good for you!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Thanks for the comments. I am also planning on using some money in August to get my daughter's hair done proffessionally. Which may or may not be expensive.
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I should have done that long ago. see I am going through a divorce and a housewife of three girls. Now he watchs all the money and just gives me a credit card with just enough cash for food and gas or something the girls need. I never have money for underclothes or even a book, regular clothes, I am not the checking account or even write a check. If I had been saving a little here and there I might not be so bad now. So I see nothing wrong with saving for a rainy day.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I've done that before. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to save.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Keep saving secretly. You'll be surprised and amazed at how quickly it adds up.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:18 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My husband makes the money but I'm the one that manages it. I pay the bills and keep track of our savings. All our accounts are joint so that we both have equal access. Even with knowing everything about the money I still put away a little cash in my "hiding spot" for a rainy day. If my grandmother gives me some cash or there is change from the pizza guy I put it away. It's really great to have when you need to surprise someone with an unexpected gift or you just really need a manicure. As long as it's not huge amounts that effect your ability to manage other expenses, I don't think there is anything wrong with having a "stash".
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 4:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2011