Going bald!!!!

So I had my son 4 months ago, I am almost 20 years old...and have always had TOO much hair, I mean it's thick...

Well ever since I went through labor, my hair is falling out in CHUNKS, my temples have seen better days...

And in all honesty, Im not stressed, my son has been amazing!!!

Did this happen to anyone else cause now im gettin nervous...

I dont even know if this is the right section to post in.

xandersmama22

Asked by xandersmama22 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you're breastfeeding you might not be getting enough vitamins for yourself. Even if you aren't bfing, your body goes crazy with hair growing while your preggo and I've read that sometimes after giving birth you can lose the hair you grew while pregnant. I actually noticed my hair falling out when my son was about 4 months also. If it gets bad see your doc.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:44 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I am losing hair like crazy also. My son is just about four months too. I have heard that it is very common. I just hope that it stops soon!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• When you are pregnant, you have hormones that prevent the natural loss of hair (the hair that we lose every day when we brush, wash it, etc.). After giving birth and the hormones regulate somewhat, we lose the hair that we didn't at time of pregnancy. My hair is fine and straight and I had the same problems. It wasn't falling out in chunks per se, so keep an eye on that, but the temple thing, I totally understand! Girl, mine started growing back a little and it's like I have peach fuzz sticking out on my temples. It's sad!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• well my baby is 8 months and is finally stopping i think is all the crazy changes ur body goes trought what i did when i started freaking out was a new haircut i didnt do it too short just enough tha the hair falling almost stop and i got a new look
    happiestmom0323

Answer by happiestmom0323 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• so normal! It will slow down
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:53 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Like the anonymous poster said, you are losing the hair now that you didn't lose while pregnant. It will slow down and regulate itself soon, then you get to deal with the replacement: a crown of baby hairs that insist on being frizzy! Hope you like headbands....
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 11:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• It is normal to lose hair after birth and has nothing to do with breastfeeding. You stop losing hair as quickly while you are pregnant and then afterwards (because of hormones) all the extra hair falls out. It will take a while, but it all grows back in.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 12:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• No worries, i did it for months. It's 100% normal and it all grows back.
    LuVzLiFeMoMwIfE

Answer by LuVzLiFeMoMwIfE at 2:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I had the same problem after giving birth to two of my children. It has to do with your body regulating the hormones in your body. I had to sweep the bathroom floor twice a day. (I brushed my hair in the morning and in the evening.) I have straight hair. Some of the hair grew back curly.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Lol well doesn't that just suck...

good thing women are strong cause my hair was the LAST thing I thought would get tampered with! BOO But thank you ladies for all your input! I feel SOOO relieved now...
    xandersmama22

Answer by xandersmama22 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2008