Stay or go?

My stepson's 40th birthday is tonight and they're having a dinner for family and his friends at the their house. I'm scheduled for major surgery Wed am, have been off meds for 4 weeks and having major hotflashes and modd swings. I don't want to go, it's going to be an indoor/outdoor thing, husband's ex wife and her live in will be there plus a lot of people I don't know. I've fixed the dish I was to carry and now just want to tell DH to go without me that we'll all be better off if I just stay home. None of the group that will be there has any idea what's going on with me health issues. Any ideas?

kcsmom932

Asked by kcsmom932 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't put myself in any situation knowing I would be uncomfortable. They'll get over it, and you will enjoy your time at home.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• if you dont feel like it and dont feel good they understand. Just let your husband tell stepsons how you feels, he'll be ok.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 4:38 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I would let your stepson know how you're feeling, and that you really don't feel up to going to the party, but you'll be sending hub along with the dish you made, and make sure to tell him Happy Birthday.

*Hugs* sorry you're feeling so rotten, but if I were in your position, I would probably just stay home as well.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Call you step son and say that his Dad is coming, and you hope he has a wonderful birthday, I think it would hurt to have DH tell your SS that you are having surgery on Wednesday, he doesn't have to go into alot of detail.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I would stay home and have him say you just were not feeling well. He wouldnt be lying, but wouldnt be giving anything away either.

Answer by gemgem at 5:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Your DH can say you've got a stomach bug or somthing and couldn't make it. No biggie!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 7:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Your DH could Tell them do to personal reasons u could not make it.;
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Simply have hubby say you're not feeling well but sends birthday wishes. Keep it at that.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 7:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• just exactly how you said it. have your husband take the dish and go without you and tell him if anyone asks about you that you were feeling under the weather.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2011