How to spend time with your daughter if you are in back pain

I have had back pain for the past two months my daughter is going on 3 and she wants to be held and played with like i used to do to her but its hard to do with back pain im goign to a doctor but im nto getting answers soon enough any suggestions?

PeacefulSwiss

Asked by PeacefulSwiss at 4:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Health

• have her bring stuff she wants to do to you?..coloring and crafts right in bed! maybe somehow have meal time together in bed too?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Just tell her mommy can't pick you up, and hopefully you can sit and hold her, or lay down and read books.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Explain the best you can to a 3yr old your back is not working properly and it really hurts, so you can't pick her up as much as you really would like to. Ask her what she would like to do that would not involve your back and then try and do those things with her and maybe that will help keep her amused. I just had major back surgery and I know it can be very painful, I used a patch before surgery called Lidoderm and it did help some. Believe it or not, I bought one of those massage things you sit on, hoping well maybe it will help. Well when ever I over work my back I lay on it and massage my back, with heat and it really does work. It stops in 20 minutes and sometimes I use it twice for 40, I LOVE it. Hope you have good luck at the Dr.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2011