My doc told me what thismeans but I forgot.

I am at 1cm, 75%, and -1...what does this mean? Is that good? 38w 3d

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• thats great. it means you are dilated to 1 cm and your cervix is 75 percent thinned and flattened. It means your body is working well to get ready for active labor. 10 cm and 100% effeaced and you start pushing. Good luck
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• At what point am I in active labor?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• when you have contractions that are regular and are dialating past 4 cm..by most Drs anyway
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:52 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• 4 cm is active labor and they won't admit you until then. hang in there! the last week or two is the worst!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:52 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I do believe this is the most frustrating thing I have everbeen through. I have been having contractions since last week but they aren't cosistent and just when I think they are and it's time, they change their mind and My baby's getting so big and bulky. This momma's tired. I am glad to know I am making progress though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• all those bothersome, inconsistant contraction are exactly what has you 75% effeaced. The last 7-10 days are miserable. Rest, make some freeze ahead meals and most of all relax. As uncomfortable as you are now the lack of rest with a newborn is exhausting. You're doing great Mom.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• the contrations also have to be getting stronger not just regular...and the -1 is at what station he is at...i for get though...exactly like where your baby would be at -1 but i think that means the baby has droped.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Active labor you will pretty well know when you're there. You won't want people to be talking, you will kind of change mental state (you'll kind of go into a primitive trance), and be really needing the support of your support person/SO. You're well on your way to having your baby! Try to get some rest while you can, and keep those feet up!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2008