Stitches after childbirth

Has anyone ever tore during childbirth & had stitches, then gone back to their 6 week OB appointment and they said you didn't heal right and have to have surgery again? My baby is 3 weeks now & I just don't think I look or feel right down there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Health

• I popped my stiches and had to go back and get restitched. You had a C-Section? I doubt you would have to have surgery again.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i was the same way.
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• You ever tried a sitz bath?
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I felt the same way! It took about two years to feel like my tear felt okay. It felt like it was stitched crooked or something. And it hurt soooo badly! But the doc said it looked fine, and my son is four, and I've been just fine.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• That has got to be the worst place to get stitches!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I had 3rd degree tears all the way to my a**hole. I soaked in warm water and iodine about twice a day. After almost 3yrs I still have pain down there.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Also remember, you delivered a baby! Your body is not the same as it was before, nor will it ever look the same, especially your vagina and surrounding area. I'm guessing there are also good herbal/traditional therapies in addition to sitz you could try:
    http://www.motherandchildhealth.com/Prenatal/postpartum_herbs.html
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 11:02 PM on Jun. 6, 2011