DD has to go.....

See a specialist to get her tonsils out! I am so worried she wants them out so she doesnt have to keep getting sick and I am having mixed feeling on this i want her to be healthy again but then there is always the want IFs! nay moms who kids have had it done please give me some advice onhow to deal THANKS/!!!

budda646

Asked by budda646 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• It is not DD decision,it is up to the doctor. Good Luck!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I had mine out when I was 12, and the relief of not being so sick all the time was HUGE. If it is doctor advisable, I say go for it. It changed my life in a much bigger way than you can imagine a tonsilectomy being capable of.
    MommyOfTheBest2

Answer by MommyOfTheBest2 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I had them out when I was 31. They were pretty much fine until I was in my 20s. I had them out and though it was rough it was a great decision. it's supposed to be easier to do when they are young rather than the age I was.
    Anonymous

• My son has had his tonsils out and his adenoids out twice. The child's throat will be sore, naturally, but they give you a narcotic pain med for them to take for a few days and that helps a bunch. For my son, he healed quickly and was back to normal eating within a week. If you need more information on the exact procedure to help ease your mind, the hospital where you are having the surgery done should have a Child Life Services Department that can provide you with a tour, give you details on how the day of surgery will progress and answer any other questions you may have.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• If the doctor has advised it I would do it. It's not as bad when they're young. The procedure is much more painful in adults. You will save her a lot of pain and illness by getting it done now.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 8:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• What has the doctor recommended? I'd go with that.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Did you know that the procedure now takes less than an hour and a half for the whole procedure? We are always scared of the "what ifs" but you already know what will happen if she doesn't, she will continue to be miserable. Relax and let the dr do his thing
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• My son had his taken out last year.. The doctor said he needed them out because his tonsils were so inflamed that they needed to come out. Since then he's has not gotten sick like when he had them in.
    AJMcGuire

Answer by AJMcGuire at 9:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2011