husband trouble!

so im a stay at home momma of an 18 month old girl,..and i have been stay at home since i was pregnant,..my husband is the sole provider,.but he always tells me that i dont contribute to the home! i mean im at home all day with the babes and i clean constintly{im a HUGE neat freak} but he says im mouching off of him!! i was like HELLO! i feel that my job is just as important.and we've beeen married for 2 years and i just dont know what to do about it.daycare makes me nervous,..im just scared about it,..and even if i did work i think all my paycheck would go to the daycare services anyways!! any advice???

amysmomma505

Asked by amysmomma505 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yeah tell your husband to grow up and have him stay home a day or two and do your job.
    No respect....that is sad...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• think about opening an In home daycare. That way you bring in some cash ands still raise your child.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Yeah, get a job on his days off! Let him take care of his child as well. That should shut his sorry whiny ass up!
    Pffft

Answer by Pffft at 12:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• wow i am goin throw the same thing with my husband. i have decided that after the hoildays i am goin to get a job i am really scared about daycare. he is in the army and we get free child care but my sister took her son there before and said she didnt like it. i am just goin to have to see how it goes tho bc if i have to hear him say one more time that he gets up at 4 and works all day i am goin to go crazy. he thinks all i do it watch tv all day ha i wish he would have to do all the things i do for just one day. good luck
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Keep doing what you are doing but only for you and yur kids. Do not clean up anything associated with him and leave it for him to do. Do not cook his meals, if you do and only feed yourself and your children. If he wants to compare jobs, let him and you will let him keep all his jobs as one.

After a while he may appreciate you more but he is a man. lol Your kids need you and I am against daycare. If something happened to your kids out of your care you both would blame each other and your marriage would be ruined.

TALK ABOUT THIS WITH HIM, but just do not do for him as you have been and see what happens.
    Cene

Answer by Cene at 12:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• That is the kind of man I would never stay with. The minute he said that to me, I would be asking him questions. And if all the answers came back that he truly thinks I should be working. I would prepare myself to leave him. Because if he feels that way with only 1 child he will feel that way with 2 or 3. Day care is so expensive now days. Unless you get a good paying job it will be worthless to work. 

But it's your life not mine   GL

Answer by louise2 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Are you kidding me? mouching off him? Your raising his children. You are equals. You don't have to work for that to be true.
    Is he mad possibly because you guys don't live according to a budget? Because it is important to do that, otherwise I could see a man getting bitter.
    whohannah

Answer by whohannah at 12:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• give him 3 options
    1 - see you as an equal and recognize the hard work you do
    2 - offer for you to work and he stay home and do your work
    3 - tell him you will work and he alone has to pay for the daycare
    50buck says he chooses option 1
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 12:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• get a night job.l..he is prolly realy stressed having to pay for everything on his own...and your here on cafemom btw what could you possibly be cleaning?
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• well shannon85,...you should try cleaning for once!having to pay for evrything on his own??hes a man and he should suppot his family!
    Anonymous