Color me surprised...Pelosi calling for ethics investigation into Weiner's action

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Rep. Steve Israel, the chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, are calling for an investigation into Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) over the series of sexually explicit conservations and lewd photos he exchanged with a half-dozen women during the last several years.

Read more:http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/56365.html

Thoughts?

DSamuels

Asked by DSamuels at 6:12 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think politically, she has much option.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

I don't either but I'm surprised she did it so soon. I almost have some respect for her.

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall during a private meeting with Pelosi and Weiner? Or when she found out it was true?
    DSamuels

Comment by DSamuels (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Your link is broken, btw.

The truth is he's a non-entity. Nobody had heard of him before his Weiner popped up, and if it hadn't, nobody would care about him today. If this had been Reid's Reid instead of Weiner's Weiner, we'd be seeing a far different tactic.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Your link is broken, btw.

TY NP, I think I fixed it.
    DSamuels

Comment by DSamuels (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I don't either but I'm surprised she did it so soon. I almost have some respect for her

LMAO, I wouldn't go that far.

And NP Weiner has been a very outspoken rep for a number of years.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:28 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• LMAO, I wouldn't go that far.

I said ALMOST ROFL
    DSamuels

Comment by DSamuels (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Weiner has been a very outspoken rep for a number of years.

Lots of people are outspoken - that doesn't mean anyone pays attention to them. Barbara Lee has said some very boneheaded things over the years - she's the one who championed a government stipend for all the people who would be left unemployed by cap and trade. But most people on the street wouldn't have the first clue who she is or even what state she represents if you walked up to them and asked who she was. Weiner falls in that same category. He's a little fish.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• She is just trying to protect him, she did the same for Rangel, "birds of a feather" or progressives, you know how it goes...

His arrogance is ridiculous! He is not resigning, WTH? He didn't do anything wrong, sniff, sniff, he just LIED, that's all, FAIL!!!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 6:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2011