This might sound silly! lol

But my boyfriend just got a dog! he kinda big he likes laying in the couch but when my boyfriend not around i always take him outside and leave him there not that im mean or anything but im a really clean person and i hate when he poops and pees all over the house! so since this last few days he staying outside with the cats to. i know pregnant women cant be around cats so my does it affect me in a way? cuz this dog always around cats and when my boyfriend gets home from work always lets the dog inside the house and let him lay in the couch and i really dont know if it will affect me in some how since he always playing and outside with the cats! im weird i just really dont think thats very clean

jess410

Asked by jess410 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can be around cats. Its the possibility of taxoplasmosis from cat poop that is the issue. Just have someone else scoop the poop
    Mexish72

Answer by Mexish72 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• It's not that pregnant women can't be around can't at all...it's their feces that contains a parasite or bacteria (?) that is unsafe for pregnant women.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 6:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• basically as long as the dog isnt dealing with the cat poop in any way you should be fine.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 6:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• U can wear gloves if u need to clean the litter box!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No, you should be fine where the cats and dog interaction are concerned. You may want to address it with BF if it bothers you that much. I am the same way. I finally found us a tiny little weenie dog for inside so the kids are happy. Hubby's pitbulls are just too big for inside so they stay outside and we go out to walk them and play with them as often as we can.
    Camey82

Answer by Camey82 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Its perfectly okay to be around cats. whoever told you that has a few screws loose
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2011