Barefoot Parties?

I have been looking for ways to generate some extra income and I come across Barefoot Parties. Like most party companies there is a $195 fee for the initial set up and samples. They sent me some catalogs and brochures and their stuff looks cute and affordable for people. I am considering it because the stuff is something I could sell and I like and because there is no one in my area that sells this stuff that I know of...........you know, no flood of the market as of yet. I was just wondering has anyone ever sold this or bought this stuff? And did you like it? Input would be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Money & Work

• Well, I've never heard of them abd never seen there stuff so I can't really judge the company. My question to you is how much money do you need to make just to pay for the business? Do you thing you could be earning that much on a steady enough stream to pay for the business in 6 months? Thinking about the state of the economy people aren't really spending the money they once were on clothes, jewlery or makeup.

I suggest you take a look at a few different business types before you decide on anything. I can tell you what I do. Remember that no matter what business you choose it's an up hill battle in the begining

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have never bought any of their stuff. I just checked out their site and the stuff is 100% absolutely adorable. Now, do you know some people who would be willing to host you a few parties to get you started? That is just about the only way to make it in a market like this one. If you know people, then go for it. Have fun!
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Hi, I actually haven't heard of it. I think an important factor in providing a product or service is that it should be something people need, want and use each and every month.
    If you'd like to pm me I'll gladly give you a suggestion for a home based business with a proven track record.

Best of luck to you!

Sandy
    sandymcu

Answer by sandymcu at 12:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• As cute as the stuff looks on the site, I would say right now would be a bad time to try to break into this with the way the economy is. My cousin is a Party Lite consultant and has been having a really hard time keeping up with her minimum sales requirements because people just don't have the money to spend like that. If you do end up going into it, best of luck and I do hope it takes off for you.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Is this the same thing as Barefoot Books? If so, there is a forum for Barefoot Books on WAHM.com in the message boards.

If you're interested in a work at home business, and like candles, I can sure give you some information on Mia Bella - low start up cost and no monthly quotas - and absolutely THE best bunch of people I've ever worked with, hands down.

Good luck in your endeavor and have a great day!
    Christi
    ChristisCandles

Answer by ChristisCandles at 3:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2008